The 9th Extraordinary EGL General Assembly meeting was held on Friday, October 27, 2017 in Goma, capital of the North Kivu Province in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
During this meeting, participants followed a presentation on the important points contained in the Ruzizi III Project Agreements relating to:
- The Implementation Agreement which addresses the rights and obligations of each stakeholder in the implementation of the project;
- The Common Power Purchase Agreement on the general terms and common conditions to the three separate power purchase agreements to be concluded by the three National Companies Electricity (REGIDESO / Burundi, REG / Rwanda and SNEL / DRC) and the Project Company;
- The Power Purchase Agreement that the Project Company will enter into with each National Electricity Company;
- The Mandate Agreement designating the EGL to act as the Agent of the States and Buyers for the purposes of the Project Agreements;
- The Shareholders' Agreement which describes the relationship between the Shareholders, as well as the Tripartite Agreement to be concluded between the three CEPGL States in the execution of the Ruzizi III project.
At the end of the meeting, the Energy Ministers in the three CEPGL countries appropriated the Ruzizi III Project Agreements and confirmed the date of their signature in Kinshasa on 22 November 2017.
They also approved (i) the organizational structure of the EGL during the development and construction of the Ruzizi III power plant as well as (ii) the EGL's sustainable financing proposal.